Wednesday night I go for my first counseling session. I'm nervous but a little bit excited. I have no idea what to expect and am a little worried that he will think I am crazy for thinking I need counseling...(but then again, if I am crazy don't I need it anyway?) lol My biggest goal is to figure out where my food addiction comes from and to learn healthy ways to deal with my emotions that don't include--open mouth....insert food!
There is a part of me that is already stressing/mourning the loss of food I feel like I have to deprive myself from. Food is my drug. I know that and I can somewhat understand what users go through when they are debating treatment. Even though I know it's not healthy or good for me I still want it and crave it! While I know in the long run that I will be happier and healthier the road seems so long and difficult that I feel like giving up before starting!
I'm just so tired of being tired, and sore, and achy, and stiff. When do they develop this magic pill for us? lol
Hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can remember my very first trip to a therapist and how I was a nervous wreck before it. Funny, by the 2nd or 3rd trip I was feeling like I was being interviewed by like Oprah or something. lol I think that made it OK in my head or something. At the time I was trying to figure out just what you are! Why was I a slave to my drug of choice and how was I gonna get well??? Lots stuff came out and I did get answers to what I was looking for. It was a lot of work. It didn't cure me, I had to do that myself and as you know I had many relapses along the way. What was great about it, though, was having an impartial person to discuss things that I couldn't talk about with anyone close to me. I hope you have a great first meeting. Just remember YOU are in charge of this aspect of your search for wellness. You are worth it and YOU CAN do whatever it is you but your mind to! Good LUck! Believe!
love yourself today!
love and hugs,
Maggie
I have been going to counseling for years. I started when my oldest was in a deep depression and the doctor said the best way to help my daughter was to help myself. So I DID! And it is the best thing I have ever done. I am much happier, more relaxed, less stressed and....more free feeling....than I was before. I don't sweat the small stuff so much anymore. I am STILL overweight....but I am happy!
I hope you can share some of what you learn with us. I need some insight into why I am still overweight too! I just never seem to have enough time to discuss that in my sessions because I always have so much OTHER stuff to say!!! (lol)
((hugs))
Jeanne
Best wishes on your counseling! I think its a splendid idea! I pray for a positive outcome for you! God Bless!
Food is my drug of choice too, you're not alone!
I think counseling is always a good thing! Hang in there you are taking all the right steps in the right direction.
Post a Comment