Thursday, October 16, 2008

Counseling Appointment

Thanks for all your encouragement about the counseling. It was tempting to cancel up to the last minute but I decided I needed to do it...for me, as well as for my family!

I like the guy. He was pretty easy to talk to. He had some interesting ideas...things I hadn't thought of and things I had thought of but thought no...that's not me. It will be an adventure; that is for sure.

It was interesting because I was able to come home and share a lot with DH, some of which I hadn't shared with him before. Even though this isn't for marriage issues I think it will make my marriage stronger!

My biggest concern is trying to get there. I have an appointment next week but unless I can find a babysitter I can't go. So...please pray that I am able to find a babysitter for next Wednesday.

Thanks again for your support! It means a lot to me!

Janis

6 comments:

Lynne said...

I am so glad you had a good visit! I will say a prayer that it works out for next week for you!

MizMags said...

Empowerment is awesome! Good for you Janis. Now let's find you a sitter! :)
Love yourself today,
love and hugs,
Maggie

Heather said...

I think if you are healthier and stronger that you are a better marriage partner. Get thyself a sitter and get thyself together!

*hugs*
heather

Linda said...

Hi
I'm getting caught up here, I've had some bad days with a new medicine I'm taking, but today I've been able to sit up all day without being dizzy or sick.
I'm proud of you Janis...taking control and feeling the enpowerment of your new resolve is awesome. I know it wasn't easy to go to counseling...but it's a wonderful tool. I'm glad you felt so good about it, and I'm going to pray you can find a sitter!!

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Amanda said...

I hope you were able to go! You know I would offer to babysit for you... lol... just dont mind the hour drive here and hour drive home. :(

Kudos for allowing yourself to be open to options when it comes to being healthy. When you figure it all out let me know K? he he

many blessings-
Amanda

Anonymous said...

ooh i hope you can get a babysitter! I think counseling is a great idea and wish I could afford it myself. I will be watching this blog with interest to see what all I can learn from your counseling experience and just basically here to support you as well. Its definitely hard to lose weight after babies, though I cant blame all of mine on babies, I am also a foodie and tend to put too much emphasis on food in general.
I'm glad you had a good visit and like your counselor! Praying you can find a sitter!!