Does anyone else watch these shows? I need other to discuss them with. :)
My thoughts on Biggest Loser: I have grown to love this show. Now that it is two hours you get to hear a lot more about the individual contestants. I like that. I still wish they would make the whole weigh in shorter...they really DRAG that out. This season will be interesting. I like that fact that the woman are much heavier this time. I can relate to them a lot easier.
I was shocked when they said that they were sending 9 people home...and VERY disappointed...at first. Once I heard that they would bring them back in 30 days I was excited to see what people could accomplish at home on their own because that is what I have to do. I have to do it at home..on my own and seeing others do it after only a week of training should be encouraging. I hope they show updates of them at home but not sure if they will or not.
Kristen (purple team) said : "As sad as it was to know that one of us was leaving; I can't help but love the message that it's sending. There are millions of people who struggle with weight who need to do it at home on their own." She is staying and is hoping to bring her mom back. I loved her positive attitude and because of that I am pulling for her.
I have to be honest I already somewhat "dislike" the green team. Perhaps it was because they were thin and models and now have let themselves go...it's not something they have dealt with their entire lives, it's not genetics for them, it's just bad choices. That makes me a little "jealous" of them I guess you could say. I hope they do well but that Laura from the green sure is the dramatic one! :) lol People like that tend to drive me crazy! lol I do hope she succeeds because I know what it's like to struggle with weight--I just don't want her to take home the prize. Of course I know that it's only the first show and maybe later I will begin to like her--depending upon what the producers decide to show us. lol
Has anyone watched Diet Tribe? It's on Lifetime channel on Monday nights. It just started this last week. It looks to be interesting and actually I may find myself liking it better the Biggest loser. For those that know nothing about it it is a show about 5 best friends who are all over weight. They range in weight from 210 to 292. One of them is getting married in three months (well from the shows beginning of taping) and so they all want to lose weight for the wedding. They are working with a personal trainer as well as a psychotherapist (who once was overweight herself). No one gets voted off so there is none of the game playing.
The reason why I like it so much is you get to see so much more of the ladies' stories. You get to meet their parents and fiance. They are working and living and getting together with friends and showing how to stay healthy and eat healthy doing normal every day stuff.
They also only work out only an hour a day (which is a lot more than I am now!) :) BUT their weight loss this first week still ranged from 5 to 11 lbs which I think is quite healthy. Their goals are all to lose 30 lbs in those three months but my bet will be that it's a lot more in the end. The personalities are a lot different and so it was interesting to see how each responding the the diet and workouts. I highly recommend that you watch it if you have the opportunity.
Well...there are my TV reviews for the week. :) lol Elizabeth is getting hungry so gotta go burn some calories! :) lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay, all you gotta do is say BIGGEST LOSER and I am here. ROFL. ;)
I LOVE the show and already have my favs. I am rooting for KRISTEN to be my new winner. I already love her to deth..I just WISH her MOM would have JUMPED On JILLIAN as er trainer andnot BOB. I think it has a LOT to do with the fact that her MOM knew JILLIAN would psychoanalyze her as well as work her out, and with Kristen't mom being a recovering addict...(alcoholic?) I think that would have been too much for her mom to handle. So she chose BOB.
I truly believe that the success of a lot of the girls on the show, Michelle last season, and Britney the season before that was because Jillian took them under her wing and not only trained them but also got to the ROOT of their issues psychologically.
Kristen added me as a friend on Myspace a couple weeks ago, but has not updated since she added me. OF COURSE not...she has been busy at the ranch. LOL. The other two peeps who added me quickly as friends on myspace was the green team. And Laura was the first....because she was at home. DUH! Her recent message was that she was BACK AT THE RANCH...which I didn't understand at the time!!! So, there is a spoiler for ya LOL ;)
I also like the silver (the black women) team. And I LOVE the orange team because of those young guys being the heaviest. Jillian and Bob have their work cut out for them this season.
ONE THING I DID NOT LIKE LAST NIGHT: I think it was cruel for them to "SPY" on them and make fun of them trying to work out on their own. BAD PRODUCER PEOPLE and bad Jillian and Bob for saying what they did about them on camera. That was just mean of them.
I also really didn't like how they sent people home. BUT I DO like the message as well.
I just don't think it's FAIR to those 9 people who worked hella hard to get ON the show, only to be sent HOME.
OMG can you image??? ALL THOSE MONTHS of trying out, the interviews, the stress, the drama...I would have friggen LOST IT!!! Oh HELL no!! But I hope there are cameras following them at home so we can see what they do. WE DESERVE THAT!!!
I have NOT seen or heard of the other shw you mentioned "DIE TRIBE" but I will look it up on my TIVO and see if I can find it. Now, have you seen "RUBY" on the Style network? Here is the link.
http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp
It's a GREAT show!!!
In 7 months she has lost 104 pounds. She still has 200 pounds to lose. Go check out the website. She is totally cool.
Love and hugs,
Jen
I like the biggest loser show but I have trouble watching TV, I'm not good at sitting still over there and tend to forget when shows are on. I wrote down Diet Tribe and will try to catch it on Monday.
One show I love is Ruby, it is on the Style network. This lady weighs nearly 500 pounds and she is losing weight just through diet and exercise and she is so pretty I just want to see her succeed. Her friends on the show are NOT helpful. They talk nice but then they sit there and eat pizza and funnel cakes in front of her, then they discuss HER problem, and how they are worried about HER. Well if they are so worried how about not wolfing down funnel cakes in front of her? Sheesh!
Here is the link to the online website, check it out, its very inspirational! I love the theme song to the show too, its called "I can", and I got it at itunes!
http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/ruby/index.jsp
LOL...Jen cracks me up here. She really is a BL ADDICT!!! (lol) I love the show too and agreed with Just about everything said here. I don't like the green team but that one girl really IS a drama queen and I don't like her at all. I like the Purple Team (they have some spunk!) and I liked the Orange team. How can those kids be so heavy? I felt sorry for the poor older man who passed out before he even STARTED and I bet his wife is a nervous wreck leaving him there alone. I HATE how they sent all those people home! Those people NEED to be there and I don't think it was time for them to go. That poor engaged couple went there to get healthy TOGETHER and now they are separated (although I liked the woman more than the man and I wish she would have stayed.)
As for Diet Tribe....I have HEARD of it, but I haven't seen it yet. I am going to have to find out when it is on and check it out. I watch that Ruby show too that Jen talks about. She is a really cool woman!
Good to see you hear again!!!!! Come back soon, OK???
((hugs))
Jeanne
www.myspace.com/peacefulepiphany is my myspace link. I Just went to yours and asked to be added as a friend.
From there, you can go to all the BL contestants and go to their pages. I have quite a few of my faves from the past few seasons. :)
I dont watch biggest loser... mostely because I am avoiding the horribel truth about myself being as fat as I am! lol
Good for you for having this journal and trying to be better! We should all learn that from you!
God bless!
Amanda
Post a Comment