I know it's been a while since I have logged on here but I knew I had to wait until after Elizabeth arrived before I could start my weight loss plan. I also knew with the holidays that it was NOT a good time to start a diet. I knew I would have a physical six weeks after my C-section so figured that would be a perfect time to start my weight loss.
Since I am a biggest loser junkie these days I figured what better time to start my weight loss with the crew. :) I was going to record each Tuesday and watch it on Wednesday during nap time so I could "focus" and use them as the great motivators as they can be. I ordered some cookbooks and have tried to work out a plan to work out 3-4 times a week for sure at the community center and then the other days at home.
At my appointment I talked to my doctor about going on a diet and my goals of weight loss...and you know what she said???? For the first time in my life I was told to NOT DIET!!!!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I thought for sure I had heard her wrong. ME? Not Diet?
Well, come to find out when you are breastfeeding you should not do a major diet - especially at first since a reduction of your calories could equal a reduction of breast milk. My doctor told me that you need an extra 500 calories a day when breast feeding (at that rate I may never give it up). lol My doctor, who is a very healthy weight, told me that when she was breastfeeding she was eating 3000 calories a day! That is a lot. At three months she reduced her calories by 10% and then the following month another 10% and so on.
SO...I have another month at least before I can start cutting calories. HOWEVER, I do know that I can eat "better" calories. And I can exercise so that is going to be my focus for the next month. I joined one of those cookbook book clubs. I got 4 cookbooks for $1 each plus shipping and then another for half price. I just have to buy one more in the next year and then I can cancel (which I will be doing). SO I got two weight watchers cook books and the new Betty Crocker Eat Healthy, Lose Weight cookbook for $4. Pretty good deal. I also got Rachel Ray's cookbook for kids of healthy recipes to help me make better food choices for Rebekah!
As far as "Losing a Rebekah" that is about how much weight I have lost since I gave birth. (I figure Rebekah is about 32 lbs now). My highest weight while pregnant was 317 lbs. Wow--I had NEVER wanted to see that three on the scale but there it was staring me in the face. I am now hovering around the 280 mark so that is a 37 lb lost. Whoo hoo. :) It is amazing the difference I felt in that respect. I can't believe how much easier I could move...I want to lose another "Rebekah" before my 40th birthday (June 24). I figure that is a good goal and attainable even with the breastfeeding.
I will be posting here more now (hopefully) and keeping track of working out and eating out. My goal is to try two new recipes a week. I am really in a rut of cooking and am getting bored of the same old, same old. We also need to eat a whole lot more healthy as a family so it will be good for everyone.
Well, Elizabeth wants to eat and since that burns calories I really must be off!
Thanks for your support. Looking Fine in 09! :)
Janis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck with your goals, I plan to lose a Rebekah too by summer! We can do it!
Sounds like you have a good mindset on how to start managing it, and that is key! I'll stay in the loop on your progress, you can do this! hang in there!
My daughter Emma lost alot of her weight by breast feeding her kids, and drinking alot of fruit flavored water. I am commited to losing this weight. I have too, I refuse to let diabetese take effect of me. I wish you the best of luck in your diet, and I want to thank you for the link to this blog. I will be back.
Post a Comment